time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Sunday, April 22, 2007

great furnace

there's fire everywhere.

i get off the office building after pulling an all-nighter and already i can feel the heat of the sun searing through my skin.

every step i take is taxing, as i endure post-work stress and the infernal heat brushing against me, with each passing wind.

within minutes i feel my senses dull, my throat run dry, and my eyes grow weary and dim. the sweat accumulating on my back and my face is fast becoming an inconvenience. goddamn heat wave.

it's hot as hell.

thoughts like global warming and the depletion of the ozone layer come to mind, as i desperately struggle to stay awake and on my toes. i do my best to convince myself that this is all part of nature's way of maintaining the balance of the ecosystem. something like that.

how i wished there'd be rain. sigh.

why can't it rain all the time?

i get home and take a bath immediately before i can count to twenty.

i feel refreshed for at least ten minutes. then i begin to smell the stale scent of the scorching air again.

i couldn't sleep. i open my fridge and grab a bottle i've been keeping cold overnight in the freezer.

i begin to write about how hot it's become.

hell of a place. the whole world is on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home