time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

sins of the father

i read somewhere that in this life, we eventually become our fathers.

they call it the sins of the father.

they said that the sins of the father, will be passed on to the son.

it seemed obscure at first and i never believed it.

all my life, i've tried to avoid becoming like my dad. i grew up with the knowledge that my dad has always neglected his family, and never gave us emotional security. and that he was psychologically unfit, to take care of the family.

i know time can never change a person.and he never did, change. he's always been the person he is, never changing, always the same. he was a hater. and i too, like him, became one.

i thought i had my reasons for becoming this person. but then it turned out that we've always had the same reasons. everybody does.

i never wanted to become like my dad. i wanted to be different. i wanted to have my own accomplishments. i wanted to be successful in my own way, and i want to stand on my own ground. i wanted to have a different perspective. i wanted to have my own set of ideals. but the more i try to avoid it, the more i become like him.

i will become a person of hate.

in the end, i will be him. and my son, will be me.

the sins, of the father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home