time of thin blood

the burden of genius..

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

absimilliard and the illuminati

[absimilliard's adventures part nine]

seven o' clock and the alarm freaked.

i got up, rubbing my eyes. i kept them shut hoping to get as much extended shuteye as i prepare my suit just before i head for the bathroom.

i turned the television up and kept the bathroom door open so i can hear the news.

same thing everyday, i guess. nothing's changed.

after trying hard to make myself look decent enough to pass as a gentleman, i head out the front door and walk to the bus stop.

i ride a bus, and as usual, i am met with traffic.

the traffic lights don't seem to light green anymore. i spent what seemed like an eternity worrying about the time, and what my boss would probably say about me being late.

i get off the bus a block before my office building and made a dash for it.

i notice that the lights have changed a bit, as i ran towards the elevator yelling "hold the elevator please, thank you!"good thing they've changed the damned lights. it used to be so dark and gloomy. we could do with a little more luminiscence here.

i pushed the button for my floor. i checked the display, floor checked out, got out of the lift.

hmm. light's changed on this floor too.and then my eyes widen.

"what the f...?"

i remember pressing the correct floor button. but why is everything different?

i ask the security personnel if i had the correct floor. yes, he says.

"okay.. but what the f...?"

i ask him a few more questions, and he tells me that the company residing on this floor has been here for three years already.

baffled, i got out the building as fast as possible.

i ask around and the people don't seem to remember anything else remotely resembling my old company. all they know is that this other company's been around long enough.

i sit on a bench and ponder about what's going on.and then i ask another person just before i left for home.

"yeah, i used to work for the same company you're in, about a month ago. but i got me a new job. say uh.. listen, i'm in a little bit of a hurry, okay? here's my card. you can call me at this number. tomorrow morning would be a good time."

i was up all night wondering about what happened. i can't seem to figure it out.

i call the number early morning, and it says that the number i dialled is out of service.

"what the hell is going on? i've been completely duped!"

it's a conspiracy, and everybody's in on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home